Duvidas

Agora esse blog só vai ter postagens sobre comidas.


Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Cusine - Malaysia II ( English version)

So I'll try to write in English because the students who are doing the reasearch with my mom woulld like to read what I'm writing about their culture, food, etc. Well, today we had lunch at one of university's cafeteria. There were a lot of kind of malay food. When I say '' a lot'' it's mean that are most you can imagine. It's self servise restaurant. I didn't know what chose, there were so many options ( I've already writen)... Comparing to brazilian's restaurant it's not expensive ( I shouldn't tell if it's or not expensive cuz it's a relative observation). Anyway I'll write how it cost than you can get your own opinion. My mom payed 15 RM for 3 lunchs, 1 tea and mine desert (it was Sagu). It was about 5$.


Look! This is my plate. I took some shrimps and  coconut milk with chili. Repairing that srimps were with peels and legs. Actualy I didn't ate theirs legs but the speels I did ( they aren't so bad, they have many pectine inside).

Now you can see the beans sprouts salad. It was too delicious and delicate, if you will compaire to another food that were in my dish. The green tube trought the food was a okra. I think it was cooked , just because there wasn't any stain frying in the vegetable. Must I write It's tradition eating rice? Here the rice hasný any seasoning it's happening because all other foods are too spicy.




After ate the srdine and conch my mouth was burning ( I've needed to drink many bottle of water after this meal). The mollusk inside de conch were cold more over they were also chili . On the left side of the picture you can notice the sardine and tomato sauce.










The desert was ''Sagu'' and coconut milk plus brown sugar  but unfortunattly the photo that I took it's not good, so I step to the next item : '' The after lunch appetizer''. First of them is a slise of sweet potato fries. 









                               Next one we have mass of banana and sugar, it's also fried.







 Lostly I've eaten coconut candy wrapped in banana leaf. This kind of sweet is made  with coconut and brown sugar and after all it's covered with ''normal'' white sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment